The University of Washington College of Education offers a bilingual teaching certificate program, starting June 2019. Through the College of Education scholarship program, Project B.E.C.A. (Bilingual Educator Capacity) applicants may also be eligible for a scholarship which pays 50% of participants' tuition.
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- Spanish or Vietnamese fluency (reading, writing and speaking)
- Basic skills test (WEST-B, SAT or ACT)
- TOFEL score of 92 for those with BA degrees from outside the US
- 40 Hours of observation in a dual language classroom
In this intensive five-quarter graduate teacher education program, candidates will earn a master’s degree in elementary teaching, and a bilingual endorsement while conducting student teaching in dual language classrooms in school districts surrounding Seattle.
Project BECA Benefits:
- 50% tuition scholarship
- Specialized coaching and mentoring
- Cohort model with support from peers who are also Spanish-speaking and learning to become bilingual teachers.
- Training to integrate families and communities effectively with your teaching practice.
Applications for the 2019-2020 cohort are due by December 7, 2018. Please email Renee Shank, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.