Senior Computer Specialist
Spanish and Portuguese Studies functions
- Researches, recommends, and handles purchasing and setup of desktops, laptops and peripherals such as printers, scanners and projectors.
- Arranges for hardware maintenance, and schedules and performs software upgrades for faculty, staff and TA workstations.
- Remains on call through the workday for hardware and software problems; contacted through email and phone.
- Maintains insurance and inventory lists of the department’s technology equipment.
- Manages Windows 2000 fileserver accounts.
- Acquires hardware and software with Student Tech Fee funds for the Romance Computing Lab in Padelford Hall and manages the computer lab.
- Consults with campus-wide computing organizations and informs faculty, staff and TAs on UW technology policy, software licenses, and opportunities for software purchases.
- Maintains contact with the College of Arts & Sciences technology staff for opportunities for grants and transfer of hardware.
- Develops training for scanning software and Catalyst tools.
- Advises faculty and students on personal hardware purchases.
- SPS Adapts to All-Online Teaching - May 7, 2020
- The Buck Stops Here | Staff Spotlight on Cecile Kummerer - February 21, 2014