The university of Washington College of Education is offering a new bilingual teaching certificate program, starting June 2018. Through the College of Education scholarship program, Project B.E.C.A. (Bilingual Educator Capacity) applicants may also be elegible for a scholarship which pays 50% of participants' tuition.
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- Spanish fluency (reading, writing and speaking)
In this intensive five-quarter graduate teacher education program, candidates will earn a
master’s degree in elementary teaching, and a bilingual endorsement while conducting student
teaching in dual language classrooms in school districts surrounding Seattle.
Project BECA Benefits:
- 50% tuition scholarship
- Specialized coaching and mentoring
- Cohort model with support from peers who are also Spanish-speaking and learning to become bilingual teachers.
- Training to integrate families and communities effectively with your teaching practice.
Priority given to applications submitted by December 1, 2017, but applications will be accepted through January 30, 2018 on a space available basis.
Please email Renee Shank, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.